Monday, 30 June 2008

The Alef Tav

Gen 1:1: “In the beginning Elohim created the heavens and the earth.”

In Hebrew it is only 7 words:

“Bereshit bara Elohim et ha’shamayim ve'et ha'arets.”

Only 6 of these words are translated in other bibles. The fourth word, “et”, is never translated. This word consists of two Hebrew letters, the alef and the tav. You will be more familiar with the Greek phrase “alpha and omega”

Alef + Tav = et (ayth)

The ‘alef tav’ appears many times in Scripture, but it is never translated.

Yehshua said in Revelation: “I am the Alpha and the Omega…”
I believe the original Brit Hadashah ('New' Covenant) was written in Hebrew.Yehshua was Hebrew and so was Yohanan (John). Thus I believe He said: “I am the Alef Tav”

The Alef Tav refers to the first, alef, and last, tav, letters of the Hebrew alphabet*.
* Interesting - the word alphabet comes from the HEbrew letters ALef and Bet.

The Alef Tav is almost part of speech, like the comma. When you see ‘Alef Tav’, it means that the predicate object was not acted upon by the verb, but the following object will be acted on.
Thus in the case of Gen 1:1 it is not Elohim who is acted upon – He is not being created, but He is creating.

John 1 says, “In the beginning (Bereshit) was the Word, and the Word was with Elohim, and the Word was Elohim”… What word? Alef Tav

Word = Alef Tav = Messiah

Zech 12:10 “And I shall pour on the house of Dawid and on the inhabitants of Yerushalayim a spirit of favour and prayers. And they shall look on Me (Alef Tav) whom they pierced, and they shall mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son…”

Most translations say Me/him, but the original says Alef Tav…The Messiah.

Here is a three-fold mystery, I hope you follow:

1. Alef Tav - et (ayth)

Alef stands for ox which means strength and
Tav stands for sign or cross meaning a mark.

Thus the alef tav = Messiah = the strength of the cross/mark!

2. The word Alef tav/et (ayth) is contracted from the Hebrew word oth’.
Oth means: appearing / a signal / evidence / mark or sign.
Oth is made up of three Hebrew words: Alef, Tav and Vav.

Alef meaning strength, Tav meaning mark, sign or cross and Vav meaning hook or ancient nail.

Thus the word 'oth', from which alef tav is derived means
the strength of the Mark made by the nail, it is the evidence!

Luke 24:39-40, “”See My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have” And saying this, He showed them His hands and His feet.”

3. The word Oth is derived from the base word Ooth, and it means to come / to assent / give one’s blessing / permission for something to happen / to agree to do something.

Could this be that Messiah agreed with the Father to come and die for our sins?

We will discuss the Alef Tav and Gen 1 in more detail later.

YHWH, Your Word is truly alive and powerful!!!

2 comments:

  1. HI!

    I just stumbled across your blog! I ALSO just started a blog seeking out the Hebraic roots of scripture! I'm SO PUMPED that I found this because it's awesome! YHWH is so amazing and the things we can learn are truly endless!

    Check out my blog: yhallthewh.blogspot.com

    We can support one another in our search for truth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY Ashley, I'm so glad you found my blog ;) I'm checking out your blog as we speak, keep up the good work! do you have the Ancient Hebrew Lexicon Dictionary? I have a digital copy. Please send me your email address, then I can send it to you ;) I'll re-post this on your blog as well...in case you do not get this message1

    ReplyDelete